There is a lot of rain coming today. What better way to spend the day than writing a blog post and working on one of the novels that I currently am working on.
I thought that I would start a series on this blog that is devoted to my writing process, how I develop stories. The first part of this series will be dedicated to characters. The following is directly from my notes on Undercover Desire.
Because Naked Desire features the same characters as Undercover Desire, there are not as much notes for these characters in that novelette’s manuscript. It was only building on the characters that were already fleshed out.
Later on, the character development for New Blood, Old Soul and Pandemonix are more complicated. Each main character has a file devoted to them.
I have had a hard time finding a picture that would resemble Tony. The one that I do reference is off of something that I do not own and can not upload due to copyrights.
Tony is a character that I am fond of. I wouldn’t say that he is as sexy as the love interests in New Blood, Old Soul and Pandemonix. Those men are intense in their own ways. However, he is endearing in a different way. Anthony is the kind of person that would go to the store and buy his wife feminine products. I often compare their love to high-school sweethearts.
Role in Story: Love Interest
- Age: 30
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 164
- Hair: He has short black hair and a full beard.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin-tone: Tanned
- Physique: Muscular
- Clothing: When he is not undercover, Tony will wear suits. If he is just hanging out, he will dress more casually in a T-Shirt and jeans.
- Grooming: Even undercover, he is neatly groomed.
- Ethnicity: Latino
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in sociology and passed the initial tests (2-mile run, shuttle run, push-ups, sit ups, and pull ups.), as well as the DEA Training Academy in Quantico—both military style physical and academic.
- Religion: Atheist
- Occupation | Work: DEA Agent
- Sexuality: Heterosexual
- Residence: A nice house in Dallas. He lives with his sister.
When choosing if he was religious or not, I was conflicted. I wanted him to be Christian, but I felt that he would lean to be more atheist.
- Positive: adaptable, adventurous, affectionate, alert, ambitious, bold, cautious, charming, courageous, decisive, disciplined, efficient, flirtatious, focused, honorable, independent, industrious, inspirational, just, meticulous, observant, passionate, perceptive, private, protective, resourceful, sentimental, studious,
- Negative: abrasive, cocky, confrontational, defensive, evasive, humorless, inflexible, macho, manipulative, mischievous, stubborn
- Interests: Carpentry, Film Noir, Horses
- Vital Secret: Even though they briefly dated in High School, Tony had never really gotten over Kelly.
There was a chapter in Naked Desire where Kelly and Tony were discussing Film Noir. However, this added nothing to the story, and as a result, it was scrapped.
- Best Friend: Tony has several friends, but they are mostly in the DEA. He doesn’t think that a normal person can “get” him.
- Family: He has a close relationship with all of his family—even his extended family.
- Enemies: Although he is acting as his bodyguard, Manny is his enemy. He will do anything to see him brought to justice.
- Ex- Kelly Swinson. They briefly dated in high school. He recently separated from his girlfriend that he had for eight years.
In his relationships, the catalyst for his joining the DEA happened naturally as I was writing. That is why it does not appear in the notes.
Latest posts by Larue Lydia (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: What Blog Post to Read This Weekend - 2019/02/14
- 3 Tips on How to Find Your True Love - 2019/02/14
- Cheap Gifts: For Those on a Budget - 2019/02/13